This post may contain affiliate links
A random act of kindness is a gesture of goodwill towards someone. The reason behind the word “random” is that this act of kindness can be performed anywhere and anytime.
Being kind to others will make you feel good, boost your mood, and make you happier. One thing I also noticed with kindness is that it is contagious.
Simply put, when you perform an act of kindness, it is likely to encourage others to act in a similar way. It's like inspiring kindness in others. One rule of random acts of kindness is giving without expectation, with no need to be repaid in any form.
Today, in this post, I have 30 plus random acts of kindness ideas you can perform to make someone's day a little bit brighter.
- 24 Positive self- affirmations that will improve your life.
- 10 habits that are killing your productivity.
- 10 daily habits that will change your life.
- 5 Proven Tips to Sleep Better at Night
40 Random Acts 0f Kindness Ideas
- Donate used books to charity shops or libraries.
- Always say “thank you.”
- Start a piggy bank for a cause.
- Collect your loose change, and at the end of the year or month, make a positive change by donating it to a charity of your choice.
- Run or take a walk for a cause. This is actually good for both you and others. The best thing is that there are always opportunities in the communities run by charity organisations where they use the money raised in different things like providing shelter to homeless/orphanages/cancer research, etc.
- Eat local – support your community's local small businesses or farmers by buying from them. This helps to keep their businesses going.
- Don't forget to recycle your magazines; always remember to put in the right bin. Save the environment by avoiding pollution.
- Plant a tree.
- Help someone struggling with heavy bags.
- Go paperless and have all the bills sent to your email; this saves trees from being cut down to produce papers. So, set the bills, bank statements, and any other paper mail to be sent via email.
- Write positive quotes on sticky notes. The best way is to purchase sticky notes from Amazon and, then, write down some positive quotes and inspiration, and tack them onto the office board, buses, or any spontaneous place that you prefer.
- Let someone, in line, go ahead of you if he or she only has a few items in his or her basket.
- Write your partner/boyfriend a list of things you love about him or her.
- Help a friend to go job hunting.
- Sponsor a child in a developing country.
- Donate your blood.
- Let the other guy have the parking space – with a smile.
- Put your phone away while in the company of others.
- Each time you get a new piece of clothing, donate an old one.
- Stop to talk to a homeless person.
- Hold the elevator for others when you can.
- Encourage someone.
- Write some thank you notes/texts—write 52 thank you notes or texts to different people. Tell them how grateful you are for being there for you when x and x happened or for being who they are, etc. There will always be something to thank someone for. This will make you feel great, and they will as well.
- Leave a tip—every once in awhile when you are having a happy day, leave/give a tip.
- Email a former teacher who made a difference in your life.
- Bring doughnuts or a healthy treat to work.
- Buy an extra cup of coffee in the morning and give it to a co-worker.
- Open the door for someone.
- Let go of old grudges.
- Sign up to be an organ donor.
- Visit a nursing home and make a new friend.
- Say “good morning” and “thank you” to public service workers (bus drivers, police officers, postmen).
- Comment something positive on someone's status/picture on social media.
- Gift someone an inspirational/motivational book. If you have a book that changed your world or if you know someone who loves books, why not get them a book to inspire them or one that they can use for their hobby, like cooking?
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
- Sometimes, smile at strangers.
- Give away stuff for free on Craigslist or Facebook marketplaces.
- Write a positive comment on your favourite blog.
- Throw a surprise party for a friend.
Random acts of kindness ideas conclusion.
Kindness may cost little but pays huge dividends in our own lives and in the lives of those we touch. One small, simple, random act of kindness may change a person's life or can make a day better for someone.
This list is just to give you an idea of acts of kindness that you can try. What's your take on an act of kindness?
How can you bring more kindness and beauty into your life? Do you have a story of a random act of kindness? Make a comment below.
Related Posts you should also read.