This post may contain affiliate links
Approximately 45% of everything we do on a daily basis is driven by our habits. From things like checking your phone first thing in the morning, to brushing your teeth and taking a shower.
Did you know that you repeat these activities day by day without even thinking about them? That tells you how easy it is to create a new habit.
And if you want to change a particular habit, be aware–our habits never really truly die.
They are just overpowered by competing habits. That is why old habits sometimes creep back into our lives.
Today I'm going to share with you 10 daily habits that can change your life. I was inspired to write this post and share with you the habits that have changed my life.
- 10 quick, & practical ways to simplify your life.
- 6 specific habits that will make you a consistently a happier person.
- 5 quick ways to boost your self-confidence.
- 10 Sunday habits that will make your week super productive.
- 15 things you can do when alone or when bored.
Daily habits list that will change your life
This daily habit list will help you become a better all-around you; both at work and at home. You will start living a healthy, happy, more fulfilled, and well-balanced life. Stay focused on these 10 habits and take action.
1. Listen to self -improvement audiobooks
Listening to the right self-improvement audiobooks every day will completely change your life.
- You will be inspired, motivated, and you will learn from other people.
- You’ll learn new skills and will become a more productive, successful person.
But how can you find time to listen to self-improvement audiobooks with such a tight daily schedule? Check out my suggestions below. You can listen to audiobooks anytime; for instance, while you are doing something else.
- You might listen during your commute; whether you drive to work, take public transit, or walk.
- You might also listen while you’re working around the house; doing the dishes, cooking, or while exercising.
- You could even listen while you’re waiting in line.
In the beginning, you will find this daily habit difficult to keep. Remembering to listen will not be easy. But the more you try and the more you do, your reminder will be the benefits you start to see.
Where to start
- Get an iPod on here
- Click here to Get Two Free Audiobooks RISK-FREE from Audible to listen too later.
Making this a daily habit will change all aspects of your life. If you’ve never listened to an audiobook, I encourage you to try it out for 30 days free Get Two Free Audiobooks
2. Stick to your daily routines
A routine is basically the order in which you do things at a particular time. When it comes to routines, I’ve found the most effective to be the ones at either the beginning or the end of the day.
When made a daily habit these two routines can change your life.
How will sticking to your daily routines change your life?
- Always stay organized throughout the day, since you will know what to expect and when.
- Sticking to your daily routines will ensure that you’re getting specific tasks done every day and meeting your goals.
- Routines will improve your overall health, well-being, and productivity skills.
- A good morning routine will also act as a guide for the day and get you ready to take on the world.
- And on the other hand, a good night routine will set you up for a productive day.
As you can see sticking to your daily routine is so beneficial. If you are ready to change your life, then here is what you need to do.
Action to Take.
- This weekend starts by getting an affordable planner like this one.
- In a quiet environment with minimal distractions, create some daily morning and evening routines you can stick to.
Remember, this is your life, and you have to do it in a way that works best for you.
3. Take 20 minutes a day to tidy up.
Set aside 20 minutes a day to quickly tidy up around the house in both the morning and the evening.
- This will help you stay organized and prepared for any unexpected visitors.
- Having clutter lying around causes distraction and loss of focus.
- When your house is messy, it becomes more difficult to find the things you need quickly. (Ever lost your keys? click here Here to see the solution)
- You will have more time on the weekends because you no longer have to spend it doing laundry.
- Lastly, it will make you feel less guilty and overwhelmed.
Actions to Take.
- Start making your bed every morning.
- Do one load of laundry a day, and fold in the evening.
- Do the dishes after every meal.
- Load, run and empty the dishwasher every day.
These are a few quick, but actionable, examples of tidying up. I suggest you pick what fits your lifestyle, start making this a habit, and see what a difference it will make.
4. Create some quick self-care time
Self-care is doing one small thing that you love every single day and realizing that it’s not always about achievement and success. Sometimes It’s just about you, and what's best for you. And you don’t necessarily need to have a massive bank account to treat yourself.
Why make self-care a habit?
- Daily self-care will help you live a more well-balanced life.
- Adding a few self-care activities as a daily habit can do wonders for your mind and body.
- Daily self-care also helps you recharge.
Actions to Take Immediately to Get Started with Self-Care.
- Schedule a few minutes every day as self-care time.
- Identify what activities help you feel your best.
- Write them down in your planner. If you don’t have on, you can try this one.
- Write down a list of self-care techniques, and start trying them out.
Whatever it is that relaxes you and makes you feel good, make time for and do it every day. Having this time to yourself will allow you to live a more well-balanced life. Make it a daily habit.
5. Get Enough Sleep.
Getting enough sleep every day is super important for your health well being. To understand better what I mean read this post and see what happens to when you don't get enough sleep.
And If you are like me and find it hard to fall asleep quickly, please try these sleeping products for better night sleep.
Also if you want just better your sleep read on here how to improve your sleep quality. Let's agree that getting enough sleep is a must have a daily habit you need to change your life. If I were you, I would take it seriously, and work on it.
6.Start Smart Money Habits
When it comes to having smart money habits, is mainly focusing on 3 aspects.
- How you save money?
- How are you spending?
- Make extra money
7. Daily health habits
Good daily health habits will help you maintain a fit body, have a younger appearance, and give you glowing skin! Best of all–happy you!
Key Actions to Maintain Healthy Habits.
- Exercise daily. Start by jogging in the morning or after work.
- Drink 1 liter of water daily. Grab an inspiring, yet affordable, water bottle like this one for motivation.
- Take a multivitamin supplement every day. Check this one have been using for years.
- Always eat breakfast.
- Plan your meals. If you struggle with figuring out what to make for dinner every night, I suggest trying meal planning services such as the 2 I’ve listed below.
- $5 Meal Plan they will send you meal plans weekly and thus will know what cook and buy in grocery without stressing. You can get a 14-day free trial here to see if it works for you.
- HelloFresh will deliver easy-to-follow recipes with pre-measured ingredients straight to your doorstep. All you need is to cook. Try HelloFresh today and get first 2 meals free plus delivery.
The quick daily habits mentioned above can really make a big Impact on your life in general.
8. Repeat Daily positive Self-Affirmations.
Self-affirmations are positive statements you repeat to yourself that target a specific aspect of your life. They are designed to reflect what you want to be true.
Making Self-affirmations a daily habit is important because:
- They help you visualize and believe in–what you're affirming to yourself.
- They help you make positive changes in your life and career.
- They help boost your self-esteem and self-confidence.
Read more here on great examples of self-affirmation that will change your life and how to get started.
Related posts: 24 Positive self- affirmations that will change your life.
9. Focus on the 3 MITs
The 3 MITs are the 3 Most Important Tasks you must accomplish every day. The idea is that no matter what else you do today, these are the things you must make sure you do.
Why make the 3 MITs a daily habit?
- Focusing on these 3 tasks will help you feel less overwhelmed.
- This helps you stay organized and accomplish more.
- They help you prioritize your goals and achieve them more quickly.
- Every day, ask yourself:
- What are the 3 most important things I need to get done today?
- What are the things that—if I get them done today—will make the biggest impact on my life?
- Every night create a list of the 3 things you must complete the following day.
- Remember that these things need to be specific, not random, tasks and can be items such as reading one chapter in a book or a project at work—whatever will make the most impact on your life in that day.
After a long day at work, you are exhausted. One of the best things to do with that exhaustion is to use meditation to refocus and relax. Meditation is defined as sitting quietly and calmly clearing the mind. And the best thing is that it only takes a few minutes each day.
How can meditation change your life?
- It gives your mind a much-needed break from the stress of work, worries, and anxiety.
- It provides you with a boost in your focus and attention.
- You will learn to better understand your internal self.
Below is a quick beginner’s guide to meditation.
- Try simply sitting in a quiet place.
- Close your eyes, and relax.
- Slowly begin counting your breaths.
- Your focus should be on your breath and not on your thoughts.
- Think of all the things in life you are grateful for.
- As other thoughts pop into your head (they will, inevitably), just acknowledge them (don’t try to force them out) and allow them to leave.
- Then focus again on your breathing.
Now you know how meditation works and how it can change your life. It's up to you to decide how often you want to do it, but if I were you, I would make it a daily habit to help you clear the stress of a long, busy day.
Even if you can only set aside 5 minutes a day, do it. And if you miss a day or two, don’t beat yourself up. Just start again. With time, it will become a routine that you will love.
To wrap this up, if you want to change your life, start incorporating these simple daily habits:
By creating and maintaining these habits, your life will start to change. They are simple, easy to adopt habits that you can start today. So, it’s up to you to decide which ones you think will work for you. Go through them once again, but this time take action.
In your planner or notebook, write down 5 of these habits that you can incorporate into your life. Then, to avoid getting overwhelmed, focus on one habit at a time.
What other daily habits can you share with us that can change our lives? Share them down in the comment section.
10 quick, & practical ways to simplify your life.
6 specific habits that will make you consistently a happier person.
5 quick ways to boost your self-confidence.
10 Sunday habits that will make your week super productive.
15 things you can do when alone or when bored.