This post may contain affiliate links
There will come times in your life when you have to let go of something to find happiness.
Whether it be a career path, a significant other, a job, or a friendship, sometimes you have to let go to move forward.
Sometimes it's hard to tell when it's time to move on. Here are three telltale signs that you need to let go:
- The thing/person repeatedly brings negativity into your life.
- The thing/person is holding you back from achieving your goals.
- You could get something better than what you have now by letting go.
Inspiring words can be all it takes to push you to make a positive change in life.
Here are 15 outstanding quotes that I love about moving on and going forward:
“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.”
– Tupac Shakur
“Life moves on and so should we”
“You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself.”
– Mandy Hale
“One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.”
– B. Nicole
“The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”
“Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”
– Roy T. Bennett
“Keeping baggage from the past will leave no room for happiness in the future.”
– Wayne L. Misner
“You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.”
– Drew Gerald
“Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”
– Deborah Reber
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.”
– Tao Te Ching
“Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.”
– Daphne Rose Kingma
“Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake and help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.”
– Mandy Hale
“Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.”
– Steve Maraboli
“I had to cease to mourn what could never be and make the most of what was possible. And I would begin doing that by trying to mend the hurts of the past.”
– Cameron Dokey
“You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.”
– C. JoyBell C.
We all know that feeling of going through life with weights tied to our ankles. The good news is that we have the power to free ourselves from situations that no longer serve us.
I hope that these quotes are a source of power and motivation as you let go of negativity in your life!
Other Great Quotes that you can check too
- 15 Uplifting Quotes to Comfort You Through Tough Times.
- 20 Inspirational Quotes About Life That will Change How You think.
- 10 Inspirational New Year Quotes For a Fresh Start.
- 15 Motivational Quotes for Success
- 15 Quotes That Will Make You Love Your Body.
- 15 Quotes On Letting Go and Moving On That Will Inspire You To Do So.
- 15 Happy Mother’s Day Quotes, Sayings messages.
- 15 Quotes to Help You Stop Being Lazy.
- 15 Motivational Quotes to Help You Get Sh*t Done.
- 15 Never Give Up Quotes to Persevere Through Any Challenge in Life.
- 15 Best Inspirational Self-Love Quotes To Make You Love Yourself Even More.
- 15 Quotes to Boost Your Self-Confidence.
- 15 Love Quotes To Express How You Feel On Days When You’re Lost For Words.
- 15 Quotes to Help You Stop Procrastinating
- 15 Quotes On Letting Go and Moving On That Will Inspire You To Do So
- 15 Powerful Quotes That Will Boost Your Productivity.
- 15 Quotes To Overcome Perfection Syndrome.
- 15 Motivational Quotes For When You Just Don’t Feel Like Doing Anything.
- 15 Amazing “Good Morning” Quotes to Help You Start the Day Right.
- 15 Self Care Quotes and Sayings to Show You The Importance of Looking After Yourself.