This post may contain affiliate links
Self-care is endlessly important, but so few of us make enough time for it. Oftentimes, we’re so wrapped up in taking care of others that we lose sight of our own needs.
In basic terms, self-care is defined as the actions that you take to take care of your own health and wellbeing.
Self-care is crucial to leading a happy, healthy life.
These three acts of self-care are in my daily routine and make an enormous difference in my overall wellbeing:
3 must-do daily self-care
- Make sleep a priority: always get at least 7 to 9 hours per night.
- Don’t overcommit yourself: say no to invitations and requests for favors that will tire you out.
- Get outside at least once a day for some nature therapy.
Self-care can make all the difference in your life. Even if you have a crazy schedule, you must make time for it.
Here are my
15 favorite quotes on self-care to inspire and motivate you:
“An empty lantern provides no light. Self-care is the fuel that allows your light to shine brightly.”
“Our bodies are our gardens to which our wills are gardeners.”
– William Shakespeare
“Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort.”
– Deborah Day
“People who love themselves come across as very loving, generous and kind; they express their self-confidence through humility, forgiveness and inclusiveness.”
– Sanaya Roman
“To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance. ”
– Oscar Wilde
“It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and to make your happiness a priority. It’s necessary.”
– Mandy Hale
“Do something nice for yourself today. Find some quiet, sit in stillness, breathe. Put your problems on pause. You deserve a break.”
― Akiroq Brost
“Put yourself at the top of your to-do list every single day and the rest will fall into place.”
“Self-care has become a new priority – the revelation that it’s perfectly permissible to listen to your body and do what it needs.”
― Frances Ryan
“Rest and self-care are so important. When you take time to replenish your spirit, it allows you to serve others from the overflow. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.”
— Eleanor Brown
“When you can’t find your purpose in a day, make it to look after yourself.”
― Dodie Clark
“Taking care of myself doesn’t mean ‘me first.’ It means ‘me, too.”
― L.R. Knost
“Self-care is never a selfish act—it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer to others.”
– Parker Palmer
“You can’t pour from an empty cup. Take care of yourself first.”
“When you take care of yourself, you’re a better person for others. When you feel good about yourself, you treat others better.
“You only have one life to live. Make sure it’s yours.”
– Eleanor Brown
“If you wouldn’t say it to a friend, don’t say it to yourself”
“Self-care is how you take your power back.”
– Lalah Delia
If you’re struggling or going through a tough period in life, start with self-care in your recovery process.
Just like Lalah Delia said, it will give you the power to get back on track by restoring your mental and physical strength. Simply put, self-care is everything to your health!
Other Great Quotes that you can check too
- 15 Uplifting Quotes to Comfort You Through Tough Times.
- 20 Inspirational Quotes About Life That will Change How You think.
- 10 Inspirational New Year Quotes For a Fresh Start.
- 15 Motivational Quotes for Success
- 15 Quotes That Will Make You Love Your Body.
- 15 Quotes On Letting Go and Moving On That Will Inspire You To Do So.
- 15 Happy Mother’s Day Quotes, Sayings messages.
- 15 Quotes to Help You Stop Being Lazy.
- 15 Motivational Quotes to Help You Get Sh*t Done.
- 15 Never Give Up Quotes to Persevere Through Any Challenge in Life.
- 15 Best Inspirational Self-Love Quotes To Make You Love Yourself Even More.
- 15 Quotes to Boost Your Self-Confidence.
- 15 Love Quotes To Express How You Feel On Days When You’re Lost For Words.
- 15 Quotes to Help You Stop Procrastinating
- 15 Quotes On Letting Go and Moving On That Will Inspire You To Do So
- 15 Powerful Quotes That Will Boost Your Productivity.
- 15 Quotes To Overcome Perfection Syndrome.
- 15 Motivational Quotes For When You Just Don’t Feel Like Doing Anything.
- 15 Amazing “Good Morning” Quotes to Help You Start the Day Right.
- 15 Self Care Quotes and Sayings to Show You The Importance of Looking After Yourself.